Take a walk down the aisle with our wedding stylists and learn important insider hair and makeup tips to help you look elegant and timeless on your wedding day.
- Think of your wedding day hair and make up as part of your outfit. Your wedding dress, shoes, accessories, hair and makeup all need to work together and complement each other.
- Take a picture of your dress and any hair accessories you may have and bring them to your hair stylist. This will help her/him design a wedding hairstyle that works best for you.
- A hair and makeup trial is crucial. Ask your hair stylist to take pictures of you when your hair and makeup trial is done. It is important to look at the pictures in color as well as black and white. These photos of you will help you decide if you need to adjust your hair color and/or makeup.
- DO NOT make major style or hair color changes right before the wedding. The last thing you want to do is adjust a color or get used to a new hairstyle right before your big day.
- Ideally, you should get a haircut three weeks before your wedding day.
- Touch up your color one to two weeks before your wedding day. If you get highlights make sure to go over your trial photos with your hair colorist. Depending on your chosen hairstyle, your stylist can adjust the placement of highlights if needed.
Makeup Tip Of The Week:
To make sure your skin looks luminous and is hydrated for makeup application, avoid eating or drinking anything high in sodium and salt, the day/night before your wedding. Salt and sodium accumulate in your skin and cause fluid retention, making your skin look dull and bloated.