This is not about how to trim your own bangs. There are plenty of videos and more than enough articles about this popular subject. This is to help you determine whether bangs are for you and/or HOW to maintain the bangs you may already have.
In 26 years of business as a hair salon in NYC-Lance Lappin & team of top hair stylists have always trimmed bangs complimentary in between haircuts, as well as for those who simply walk in and ask!
Don’t know if you should get bangs? Consider the pros and cons.
- Bangs are hot!
- Bangs are not “one size fits all”. Bangs can be blunt, wispy or choppy, straight across or side-swept just to name a few.
- Bangs can give you the change you’ve been looking for.
- Bangs are not for everyone. And I don’t only mean your face is too round, but if your hair is too curly, getting bangs is simply not a good idea.
- Hairline is king. The way your hairline grows dictates not only if you can get bangs, but also the shape of your bangs as well as how often you have to cut your bangs for maintenance. Which brings me to the next con.
- BANGS ARE MAINTENANCE. Bangs need to be trimmed often. Most bangs need to be styled, blown out, they need pampering!